Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blue Boys





Jaunty fellows out for a stroll, walking sticks in tow, having a smoke. Who were they and where were they off to on that summer day when captured in cyanotype blue? Smartly dressed in high collars and buttoned up suits, was it a concert in the Park or a walk across the green to a smart cafe?






The other two, no bigger than a postage stamp, lean towards each, heads together in heavy pea-coats, more lovers than brothers. Did they explore the polar ice caps together, sail to far-off India, or have tea and toast in Amsterdam on a cold Winter's day? 

Looking for myself in the past, I find glimmers of could be and I bet they were. 

For more imagined history, visit Woolf and Wilde

1 comment:

  1. I've just found your blog, it's so smart and refreshing. I love to look at pictures and imagine what once was...I bet they were too.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments.