Sunday, February 5, 2012

Afternoon Tea





A 1920's tea pot that I picked up some years ago at the Lambertville Flea Market (The Golden Nugget), just south of Lambertville, New Jersey. The cup and saucer are Lenox, and have a green label which dates it as pre-1950. The white is a touch more off-white than what is made now.






No dessert with this tea, the pasta at lunch being enough carbs for one day! I like Assam in the morning mostly and Darjeeling in the afternoon. When I do have a bit of yum, it's always from Soutine, a lovely French Bakery on West 70th Street on the Upper West Side.

3 comments:

  1. lovely lighting in this picture. the honeyed tone of the wood and the clear tea in an exquisite cup...
    dear daniel,
    i am trying to tone it down. my mother was from new york, her mother from new england. and my father was a texan! an odd combination for sure. my reserved yankee genes fight with my openly friendly western genes and sometimes the west wins! i don't mean to be overwhelming in my comments.
    but i do enjoy your take on things, and your photography. your site is a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy. Western friendliness is always welcome. D

      Delete
  2. Dahhling what a beautiful tea pot & cup! I love afternoon té.
    I also thank you kindly for adding my humble little blog to your favorites dahhling, you are too kind!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments.