Friday, February 24, 2012

ciao, bello!



Two views of the apartment, looking towards the piano by virtue of CamerBag, a new App on my Iphone.

Yes. The walls are crying for something, but I'm not in a hurry. And yes, the mirror above the armoire has to go. Two are enough! (I am not counting the one under the piano which probably should go too.) I'm thinking something modern above the mirror above the piano. White and black expressionism in a slender gold frame. A touch of modern to lift the place out of the 19th century. 

The armoire is c. 1910 from Belgium, and originally held linens. Now it holds music. It is one of those ingenious affairs, coming apart completely, being held together with 4 screws. Just the thing for a place with a narrow stair and doorway. I love its warm European walnut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.