Friday, March 16, 2012

antique pull




You already know that I love old stuff from the Antiques Garage Flea Market, right? Well. Remember the 60's gilt frame I found on Sunday? I found this old pull the same day from the same vendor (his name is Alan and he has lots of great old stuff). It's going to go on the new cabinet door in the kitchen alcove and cost all of 4 bucks. I like the way it reflects the light, which it will certainly do on the new cabinet that will be painted black. The cabinet top will be walnut-stained butcher block, have a deep undermounted black enamel cast iron Kohler sink and shelter a new under-the-counter black paneled refrigerator. Masculine. Concert black. The black lacquer piano harmonizing with the kitchen alcove, the emerald green backsplash above it all singing a descant. Installation is the last day of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.