Friday, March 2, 2012

Green Man




I found him at the flea market (where else?) a number of years ago. Originally part of much larger 18th century panel (he's about a foot and half wide, set inside a wide black frame), his gilding was re-freshed with gilt cream by a previous owner and the background painted a blueish-green, which, I have to say, is rather attractive. Now. Would I have done all that had I found him in his original state? Nope. But I think it would be too much work and not enough bang for my buck to restore him. And who's to say he doesn't look better this way? So he will remain as he is. A delight. 

Right now, he's hanging high on the wall in the kitchen, looking down on the proceedings, making sure that everything is up to snuff. I think he's ready for Spring, as am I. 

4 comments:

  1. How fortunate for you to have a major domo in the kitchen. I have an English Cocker Spaniel. You're right about the readiness for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My domo can't wag his tail unfortunately.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous dahhling...can't wait for the photos of where he ends up in your charming apartment.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments.