Thursday, March 1, 2012

New York Night




Walking home from Columbus Circle, I pass by the Majestic, an Art Deco wonder across the street from the Y on 63rd Street. 




Over to Broadway, I walk by what used to be the last original car dealership on the Upper West Side across from Lincoln Center. With huge windows, it had two great eateries: the Saloon and The Ginger Man. But the building was torn down to make way for the current luxury condominium building. The only thing that stays the same is change?




Looking across the street you can see the Juilliard School which has a whole new look. A ship aglow, it sails into the New York night.




Across the intersection, the mourned Barnes & Noble has now become Century 21. But no matter. There is Rizzoli's Bookshop on 57th Street. I can get my book fix there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.