Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day Berries




No. It's not upstate New York, but rather, Central Park Lake.  I took a walk before preparing dinner, and was surprised to see two separate couples having wedding pictures taken, mink wraps and red hats in evidence. I really should have snapped their picture, but, well- that would have been cheeky, would it not? 





When I got home, I realized I'd taken a picture of the cranberry sauce I made yesterday. What's in the pot? Fresh cranberries, an apple, a handful each of dried cranberries and currants, a touch of brown sugar, a stick of cinnamon, and the juice and zest of an orange. Sometimes I also put in a pear, but there wasn't one on hand, unfortunately. 

So there you have it: a very berry post.

Wishing you a glorious Christmas! 



2 comments:

  1. Your wonderful studies of this Park are gathering a seamless delectability we are just as likely to reserve for remembrances of New York as we are this stimulating sauté, for delectations of color, spice, texture and warmth. I especially like how you address this ostensible connection between destinations as the justifying diversion that it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Laurent. Seems like I am seeing red everywhere!

      Delete

I welcome your comments.