Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas





It's Christmas Eve here in Manhattan. Mr. Husband and I both have Christmas Eve services at which we will make music. That means being ready for Christmas by the time we leave the apartment in the early evening. The cranberry sauce is made, as is the Italian Chocolate-Almond Torte - the latter readied as we listened to Lessons & Carols from Kings College in England in the morning. No goose this year, but rather, a steamed turkey via a fantastic recipe from Jacque Pépin courtesy of the NYTimes. It made its debut at Thanksgiving, and being so well-recieved, demanded a repeat performance. Incredibly moist, quick even, there was no burning butter filling the air - a huge thing in a small apartment with a 20 inch oven! I'll make the pancetta & sage stuffing muffins in the morning. 

I love this time of year even though it kicks up stuff, as I know it does for many other people; memories and music, expectations, long-desired dreams and disappointments combine in a potent wassail. When it all goes to my head, I remind myself to take a deep breath, and look into the heart. Isn't that what it's all about? 

Wishing you Wonderful Holidays and a Very Merry Christmas!


Photo taken two years ago on Columbus Avenue- a few blocks away near ABC Studios - on the way home from Lincoln Center. 

2 comments:

I welcome your comments.