Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It entered my mind







I woke up thinking about this chair in the Sacristy of the San Francesco Church Museum in Montefalco, Italy (I sang there with Umbrian Serenades for the last two summers, and plan on returning this year). Then my computer crashed, the harddrive scrambling itself. What a way to begin the year! Still in one piece; my laptop is under warranty (nice that) and will have its guts replaced, but not before I investigate having information retrieved that I had not backed-up. The really important stuff? I have that. 

After this inauspicious beginning, I spent the rest of the day at my mother's house in Bucks County with Mr. Husband. It would have been my father's 85th birthday had he lived to see it. Though a completely different kind of loss, it entered my mind during the course of the day that I have the really important stuff between us too.

Clean slate, full heart. Think I am ready for the New Year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.