Friday, January 25, 2013

Let it snow



















December Snow Storm, Central Park, 2010. 


After my Mac crashed and was restored a few weeks ago, I found the photos above which I'd forgotten about. They had been lurking on the hard drive - a few of them appearing in a post I made two years ago in January. However, we've hardly had a dusting of white stuff this Winter. Hence the title: Let it snow. While many gripe and moan about it being hard to get around in the City when the snow man cometh, I relish it, and remember when city life stopped for about a week in 2006, when a storm dropped more than 26 inches in Central Park, and there was skiing down Broadway. Wonderful madness everywhere: I'd never seen buttoned up City dwellers have so much fun.

For a little history on storms in New York, click here

2 comments:

  1. You're putting together one of the most elegant walking tours I've seen since Lockwood (P'70) on brownstones. And vastly less predictable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laurent. I have that book. Found it at one of the book vendors on the street some years ago. I got my wish btw: it starting snowing here this evening. If it sticks, I should have new pictures of the Park in the morning.

      Delete

I welcome your comments.