Thursday, January 31, 2013

Madison Square Park




A swim at the gym, then a zip downtown to Eataly, just off Madison Square Park at 23rd Street, where a light sculpture is currently in evidence, its neon light shining in the night. Most tourists try to capture the Flatiron Building, which would have been in my camera frame had I pointed it South. But hey- you know what it looks like, don't you?  




I remember a summer evening walk in Madison Park: full leaves a metaphor for the fullness of time.




The huge clock notes the passage of time to pedestrians and motorists alike: its face hard to capture in a photo because it is so bright.




The entrance to Eataly is is just to the right of the lighted doorway. Therein lies fresh pasta, shoppers with wine glasses in their hands (I spied two while I was there), and the spinach and ricotta pasta that found its way home along with a bottle of Arnaldo-Caprai Rosso from Montefalco- a taste of pleasures to be savored later this summer when I rejoin Umbrian Serenades for the third year. 



Photos taken with my iPhone, Camerbag App, Magazine setting. 

4 comments:

  1. I love Manhattan. Beautiful photos.

    Greetings from Valencia (Spain)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, elpresley. You might be interested to know that I lived in Puerto de Sagunto as a child, back in the early 70's, and have great memories Valencia.

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful blog. I was Googling "Chanel Bonfire" and discovered it which is very appropriate because it is a beautiful book. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments.