Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tea & Sympathy




I got my wish. The same day that I made my post with photos of Central Park snow from two years ago, I zipped downtown to Tea & Sympathy in the Village, and it started snowing as I sat and had Darjeeling tea and yummy Victoria cake.  




It had been awhile since I had been there. The place is as it has always been, run like a tight ship by Nicky and her husband Sean. They also own the two shops to the immediate left, that being 'Carry On Tea & Sympathy' and "A Salt & Battery," which you can't quite see in these photos.  






When I first started going years ago, I would see Rupert Everett lurking at the table in the window, reading a British rag, or chatting up a handsome young man. Such is the way of New York: you see everything and everyone if you keep your eyes open.  

2 comments:

  1. How have I never known about these places? You mentioned them when we were with you and it was the first time I'd heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big City? Case in point: every time I go the Lower East Side I am amazed at what I don't know about, haven't seen, or been too. Worlds within worlds.

      Delete

I welcome your comments.