Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I'll fly away




Antique red wooden beads with a silver eagle. This was the last piece I saw my father wearing which he crafted. It was on my mind this morning, perhaps, because my mother recently emailed me a photo of the two of them the day they brought home their dog Sparky a few years ago. My dad wasn't wearing this piece in the photo, but his shirt in the photograph was red. Red leading to more red, you might say. I love this piece's simplicity and vibrancy. Even resting on the green flannel blanket, it looks like it's about to fly away. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for your showings of these wonderful inheritances, and accepting others' pleasure in them; one could sense this in the risk of the green flannel, as you say. As moved as I have been by the craft in repeated viewings of this posting, I admire that of the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words, Laurent.

      Delete

I welcome your comments.