Wednesday, March 27, 2013

M & J Trimming













The photos I snapped of the New York Public Library a little while ago? They were taken after I went to M & J Trimming on 6h Avenue, the library being a few blocks North. I was looking for black leather or felt trim for the new shelf in our tiny co-op lobby. However, M & J only had grey felt, and the black leather fringe wasn't quite long enough! What to do? The helpful staff said to return in a couple weeks when their stock is replenished (I could have ordered sight unseen, but I'd rather see what I am getting). Of course, there are many other places to search for trim in Midtown Manhattan. M & J, however, is the biggest one, and a veritable gold mine. I found the fringe for my portiére curtains in the living room there, which you can see in the first photo. Great place! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow -it looks overwhelming! i'll have to add it to my list of places to visit in NY next time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overwhelming is indeed the right word! Give a holler when you are here!

      Delete
  2. I would be like a child in a candy store and want one of everything!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those stripes are wonderful, aren't they? Thank you for stopping by, Karen!

      Delete

I welcome your comments.