Monday, April 29, 2013

Darling I love you, but give me Park Avenue

It was a snap happy day yesterday. After singing for my supper on the Upper East Side, I snapped a few pictures of Park Avenue, remembering a recent article in the NYTimes on the gentleman who has been orchestrating the plants there for last 54 years. Amazing when you think about it. 






Walking over to Madison Avenue, I snapped a pic of the flowering dogwoods in front of the Parish house of St. Ignatius Loyola




A right turn onto 81st Street took me past a fabulous door.. 









A lovely townhouse or two...




Where the tree blooms were flying on the wind.




Then I hopped on the crosstown bus town to the West Side, walking south along Central Park West, past the Sam Remo apartment building with its red bud trees in full boom, and then home. 






Brunch at La Bôite un Bois, then a jaunt to the flea market and Eataly, where my iPhone stayed in my pocket. However, on the way back, it jumped out and snapped a few photos of the Dorilton... 







The Catholic church with the huge Rose window down the street... 




An interesting Arts & Crafts townhouse, the detail of which is rather hard to see in this photo, but worth admiring in 3-D.. 




Then past a decrepit Lutheran church up the street...




Rounding the corner at Columbus Avenue, I ran smack into a Korean deli where miles of tulips are  always growing on the sidewalk. Not a bad day, huh? 





Photos taken with my dinky iPhone, CameraBag App & Magazine setting. 

2 comments:

  1. Park Avenue indeed dahhling! loved the tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, HRH! Wishing you a lovely Spring!

      Delete

I welcome your comments.