Friday, April 26, 2013

Farrow & Ball

So it's finally happened: we re-plastered the walls in the bathroom which resulted in my visiting Farrow & Ball on Columbus Avenue. Looking for a warm grey to compliment the vintage bubblegum pink and black tile (it's slated to be replaced, but not this year), I chose Charleston Gray, then threw in Dove Tale, Off-Black and Railings for good measure because your never know, right? Yes, I have a bit of gold mirror in mind, in the form of an elegant 1880's walnut and gilt number which will be used as a cabinet door. Calmness and simplicity. That's the idea anyway. 

Then I took a walk down Central Park West....











Photos taken with dinky iPhone, CameraBag App & Magazine setting. 

5 comments:

  1. Our bedroom is in F&B's Cornforth White which is a super grey both during the day and during the evening. What it's like in the dark I cannot say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion, Blue! This colour (ha!) may turn out to be quite suitable!

      Delete
  2. I don't know how I got by for so long before their merry e-mailings started keeping me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurent, it is difficult, I know, to remember one had a life free of "time sensitive messages" especially the ones that in a moment of utter inattention one finds one has subscribed to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mais, mon cher, the subscriptions of one's inattention are the true ones. The rest are opinion. :)

      Delete

I welcome your comments.