Friday, May 24, 2013

Behind the Candelabra

No, I am not watching HBO's special "Behind the Candelabra" for the simple reason that I don't watch TV. Ok, so I stream the news and watch a little Netflix, but that's about it. So what am I doing snapping photos of Liberace's stuff? Well, it happened to be on view at the Time Warner Building here in Gotham, and this boy knows a good show when he sees one, specifically, a well-made costume, and the Big L had quite a few of them. 

It would have taken a dozen ladies a couple of weeks to sew on the glam on the suits below. Are those real pearls hanging on the white one? Probably. God knows the man could afford it. I didn't like Big L when I was a kid. Not my style at all. But I know great production values when I see them. My favorite? The bell bottom piano number. 






















Photos take with dinky iPhone, CamerBag App & Magazine Setting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.