Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Men at the Met


The Metropolitan Museum of Art. I can't get enough of it, and always discover something new there. It seems that the curators are doing that as well since there were new things on view during a recent trip. However, no matter what we go to see, we always swing by the resplendent Greek and Roman Galleries, part of which was once a rather run-down cafeteria. All that, thankfully, has all been swept away and replaced with an I, Claudius set. On our recent visit, I found myself snapping photos of Roman dignitaries and youths on their funereal monuments, their life-size heads having a very definite presence. You really must go! 








4 comments:

  1. Ok, is that a strigil in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always happy to see you, Blue! Speaking of which: are you coming to Gotham any time soon?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments.