Thursday, December 19, 2013

Lincoln Center at Dusk



I snapped this photo after leaving the Lincoln Center Library for the Performing Arts on December 5th, seeing that the "blue hour" at its peak. The New York Philharmonic is on the left, the "former State Theater" is in the middle (sorry, I can't type its current name), and the Metropolitan Opera is on the right. The library and and the Vivian Beaumont Theater are behind me. The Two Towers (hard to see perhaps) that make up the Time Warner building loom in the distance at Columbus Circle. 

I'm damn lucky to be living in New York, and even more lucky to have worked at Lincoln Center for more than 20 years with New York City Opera. The library, of course, has been a huge deal in my life. When I started research into historical vocal pedagogy (that's my bag, don't you know) eons ago, I hardly knew what I was doing. Little did I know back then that I would write a book, and be working on a second tome. But that's what happens when you follow your curiosity. 

Stepping out onto the plaza after a productive day and seeing this view is heaven. Sheer heaven. Can't tell you how good it makes me feel. There is no place like home (click heels, Dorothy). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.