Friday, December 20, 2013

Red & Green



The Aesthetic Period frame is decked with pine garland and 1930's red ornaments in the tiny lobby of the Brownstone where Mr. Husband and I live, as a result of having a few extra feet left over from decorating the mantel in our apartment. I wired the garland to the sconces on either side so it wouldn't fall off, and was going to leave it at that when I heard the assembled parts yell out for a bit of glam. So out came the red ornaments! Three seemed like plenty, and I left it at that. Simple. The mirror is placed above a shelf that I put over a narrow radiator to hold morning papers and packages, which, of course, has been appreciated this Holiday Season. I like the mirror's "wheat" pattern, which is echoed in the pine nettles. The sconces are from Rejuvenation Lighting.



2 comments:

  1. grand! nice to come home to I'm sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tis! Your comment reminds me of the Cole Porter song: "You'd be so nice to come home to." I'll be humming it the rest of the afternoon!

      Delete

I welcome your comments.