Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winter Renovation

Central Park, '09 


Gotham has been blanketed with single digit temperatures for the last week, with curious consequences, one of the them being the need to file the humidifier at least 4 times a day—a very necessary thing for pianos and voices. Most people don't realize it, but when the heat is on all the time, the air inside a Gotham apartment can go down to single digits too. Keeping the humidity level around 30-40 percent means keeping a good steam humidifier on high.


Sheep Meadow, 2014


I've lived in Manhattan since 1988, and during that time, its never snowed as much as it has this winter. Only this morning, there is "snow upon snow." as the Christmas hymn "In the Bleak Mid-Winter" so adroitly put is. 


Columbus Avenue, 2014 


Of course, all the snow has made for fun photography. I find myself snapping away with my iPhone every time I leave the apartment, which, btw, has been experiencing a renovation the past few weeks, as we finally put in new kitchen cabinets. Not quite finished with everything yet, so photos will have to wait. I can say, however, that the process wasn't nearly as messy as I thought it was going to be, and it is wonderful to have a functioning exhaust fan over the stove, something we've wanted for a long, long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.