Saturday, April 12, 2014

Scrambled With Julia



Six eggs whisked in an antique bowl for two hungry husbands, then poured into a cold, buttered, non-stick pan. Turning the flame on low and waiting patiently for 4-5 minutes before anything happens,  I slowly stir as the curds softly form, which brings out their nutty taste, then turn off the flame while the eggs are still glossy, but not runny, stopping their cooking with a pat of butter which is folded in. Scrumptious like you can't believe! Now where's the coffee? 

8 comments:

  1. I use the microwave for scrambled eggs, philistine that I am, but intend to try your way of making them. We both love scrambled eggs, followed by toast and marmalade. Coffee of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Microwave? O God Almighty. Get ready for amazing scramble. You don't want to go back. Yes- lots of butter is involved. And do try it with parmesan! Heavenly.

      Delete
  2. this sounds heavenly! I have to try for tomorrow's breakfast, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Linda! Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  3. Still the microwave, I'm afraid. As I said, philistine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite part of the weekend are our lazy mornings where I make eggs - a ritual of sorts. I like to mix it up and made a frittata Sunday which was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments.