Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Lilies


A student preparing for a major role in a musical brought me lilies as a thank you—and lo and behold, they looked beautiful in the afternoon light so I snapped a photo. I think their reddish-purple sings in harmony with the bluish-purple cushions and candlesticks from a dinner earlier in the week if only because there is green, green, green everywhere. You can't have too much of that as far as I am concerned. Love the color. 

The vase is handblown, big and masculine, and was picked up by my father at the Golden Nugget Flea Market in Lambertville, New Jersey. He gave it to me a number of years ago. The mouth being quite small, lilies are about the only flower that fit into it. Bringing it out from storage makes me fall in love with it all over again. Funny thing too: my father died two years ago this week. He loved beautiful, baroque colors and objects, and Tiffany with a passion. I miss him. 

2 comments:

  1. beautiful vase -so lovely that you can think of your father every time you see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ArchitectDesign. That is indeed what I do. :-)

      Delete

I welcome your comments.