Monday, December 29, 2014

Tabletop Christmas Tree





A friend recently remarked that once a tree is chosen and cut (he finds his upstate in a field), it is always the prettiest one, which makes sense when you observe that our brains, whether we know it or not, live in the present, rather than the past or future.

I've featured ours already, albeit in different light. And as far as that goes, this amateur photographer prefers these shots for their softness of light—light which is northern, cool and blue-grey to the eye. I give it a few days at most until the ornaments go back to their felt 1950's sample case, since the greens are more than ready for the tree pits that line each side of the street.

2 comments:

  1. whatever happened to the 12 days of Christmas! haha -yes - I can't wait to get ours down too. As I said I think in a previous post we did a tabletop tree this year too -about this size. So much less work and you still get the height thanks to the table! love yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Whatever happened to the 12 days of Christmas? I suppose if I'd put the tree up on Christmas Eve, I would not be ready to take it down just yet; but as it was, it was up two weeks before that. You are right: it so much less work, and I look forward to another one next year. Wishing you a Happy New Year!

      Delete

I welcome your comments.