Friday, June 10, 2016

Passementerie




After creating Chinoiserie curtains with dragons some years ago, I finally sewed on the passementerie  that had been sitting in a box for the longest time, and ordered new blinds to complete the effect of a long line from valance to window sill. 

Apollo now stands guard in the window ready to take flight, he being a 1950's Italian reproduction made with marble dust that was found at the flea market about a decade ago. 

Can I say that my curtain conception struck me as too fussy at first after being completed? Now it's growing on me after having moved the bed to another wall, better picture placement, and a complete editing of the space and its contents. 

The Feng Shui people talk about having one's feet facing East during sleep, and you know, I swear there is something to it. But don't quote me. I just know the space feels very different, and more comfortable even though the room is rather tall and narrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.